Anti-corrosion, anti-wear, ashless dispersant lubricant for four-cycle CERTIFICATED aircraft reciprocating engines
AEROSHELL Oil W 15W-50 is a multigrade ashless dispersant oil that provides the ultimate in aircraft piston engine protection over a wide range of ambient temperatures. AEROSHELL Oil W 15W-50 utilizes a unique blend of high quality mineral oils and over 50% synthetic base stocks combined with the AEROSHELL Oil W additive system and a unique anti-corrosion and anti-wear additive. This semi-synthetic blend offers high performance in a wide variety of applications and conditions.
• four-stroke cycle certificated aircraft reciprocating piston engines, including fuel-injected and turbocharged
• most Lycoming and Continental opposed aircraft engines operated over a wide range of ambient temperatures
• Pratt and Whitney radial aircraft engines
• Teledyne Continental Motors liquid cooled aircraft piston engines
NOTE: AEROSHELL Oil W 15W-50 should not be used for break-in where channel chrome cylinders are being used or in helicopters that use a common sump for the engine and transmission.
the best low temperature startability and pumpability of any approved oil on the market today excellent anti-wear and anti-corrosion protection outstanding high temperature oxidation protection for hot running engines
designed to keep engines cleaner with less sludge and varnish buildup in critical ring belt and other vital areas completely compatible with AEROSHELL Oil W Single Grades and AEROSHELL mineral oils superior protection for critical camshafts, lifters and other high wear components best all around low temperature performance of any oil available today oil pressures and temperatures equal to that of single grade 100 oils at fully warmed up conditions
high temperature performance superior to that of any other fully approved aircraft piston engine oil on the market today
• the former MIL-L-22851
• approved for use in all Pratt and Whitney radial aircraft engines
• Lycoming Service Bulletin 446C and 471, plus Service Instruction 1409A
• FAA Airworthiness Directive 80-04-03
• qualified in all Teledyne Continental Motors liquid and air-cooled aircraft piston engines.