AeroShell Fluid 31 is a synthetic hydrocarbon hydraulic fluid with greatly improved fire
resistance characteristics when compared with conventional petroleum products. It contains a
specially developed base stock that provides a relatively high flash point, along with excellent
low temperature properties and good oxidation and thermal stability. In addition, additives are
incorporated to further enhance stability and lubricity.
This product can be used in both aviation and non-aviation systems with synthetic rubber
components, but should not be used in systems that incorporate natural rubber or other
component material not qualified for use with synthetic lubricants.
· Aircraft applications where a MIL-PRF-83282D or earlier version of the MIL-H-83282 fluid is
specified or recommended
· Hydraulic oil systems, particularly those where increase fire protection is required
· In winter service for bucket trucks and other portable equipment subject to severe low
· “Super Clean” fluid ideal for systems with close tolerances
· Suitable for use in operating temperatures ranging from –40 to 400°F
· Better lubricity than oil/water and water/glycol fire resistant fluids
· Good anti-wear properties